The Case of Digital Hybrid Events
For all the changes the COVID-19 pandemic has brought with it, one of the lasting ones is a required shift in how we conduct business, meetings, and conference experiences.
As the world charts a path back, it must be acknowledged that “normal” has a new definition.
Digital services and media are not new concepts in the event production space, but with the proliferation of technologies to make digital meetings more accessible, engaging, and informative, the demand for skilled partners capable of navigating the divide between in-person and virtual productions has never been greater.
Digital hybrid events are no longer just an alternative or “Plan B” to the traditional meeting.
Hybrid events are, quite simply, a mix of live and virtual events – and are more popular now than ever.
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) reported in January 2021 that exhibition organizers see long-term value in digital events.
Although most of the initial surge in digital events can be attributed to COVID-19, the findings from CEIR’s “Report One – Anatomy of Virtual Events and Financial Outcomes,” released January 12, 2021, show that nearly three-quarters of the respondents indicated they plan to continue their digital event efforts even after in-person events are back in the forefront.
“More than two-thirds of executives shared an expectation that their physical events will have a larger digital component for the foreseeable future.”
What might the digital and physical landscape of a hybrid event look like?
Apart from the obvious live streaming of in-person content, the digital enhancements that can be applied to a physical space and content can come in many forms.
Examples of hybrid event inclusions may include:
- health screening and check-in apps that enable clear communication of event health policies and safety protocols,
- pre and post event surveys that both physical and virtual attendees can complete on their smartphone,
- exclusive online-only content, entertainment, and networking & social engagement opportunities.
These are just a handful of the possibilities that can exist to help communicate your company’s message and bring your audience together, whether they are in a 20,000 sq ft ballroom or their make-shift office at the dining room table.
- Imprint Group Virtual Event Capabilities
- Digital Events 101 Guide & Best Practices for Virtual Meetings
- Digital Hybrid Way of Events: Live Virtual Event Experiences
- Take Your Teambuilding Virtual: Digital Teambuilding Events
- Make Your Virtual Fundraiser an Online Success
Ready to simulate a physical event with stunning virtual lobbies, chatrooms & digital content for a stunning digital event experience?
Contact Imprint Group today and let’s begin brainstorming.